Overview of this Unit
The aim of this unit is to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and how to work safely. Learners will develop knowledge on the importance of social responsibility, the causes, transmission and effects of COVID-19, and the methods used to control transmission such as correct hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). They will also gain an understanding of the safe working practices required in the beauty salon or nail bar to protect themselves and their clients.
What Does The Unit Include?
There are six learning outcomes in this unit and you can download the accompanying learner workbook to help prepare you for your final assessment.
The six learning outcomes are:
- Understand the causes, transmission and effects of COVID-19
- Understand social responsibility for the beauty therapy and nail services sector in relation to COVID-19
- Understand the controls necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Understand the importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand hygiene and personal hygiene in the prevention of COVID-19
- Understand potential hazards and risks and the workplace procedures necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the beauty salon/nail bar
- Understand decontamination and waste management processes relevant to beauty therapy and nail services
You can work through each of the six learning outcomes at your own pace, then you will complete your final MCQ (multiple choice questions) test online. The pass mark for the MCQ test is 70%. Once you are ready to sit your exam, you need to inform the academy, and it will be booked in for you.