Who is the Award in Education and Training Qualification for?
The VTCT Level 3 Award in Education and Training is a qualification for those interested in a teaching career in further education or for those who have recently started teaching.
This award is designed to equip a wide range of teachers/trainers and facilitators with the requisite skills and knowledge required to fulfil a teaching role.
This qualification provides a sound introduction to teaching/training and is suitable for both experienced practitioners who would like to secure a professionally recognised qualification as well as those new to teaching. The VTCT Level 3 Award in Education and Training will enable you to work in a teaching role and progress on to a broader teaching qualification.
During this course you will learn about preparation, planning and basic course design. Theory is self-guided via our online platform. You will also attend our Academy in Newry in order to complete your practical observations. The practical element will consist of learners completing a micro teaching session. This session will help you to gain teaching delivery skills. Evaluation skills and techniques also form part of the course content.
There are 3 units in this qualification:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- Any Level 3 qualification in Beauty Therapy or related industry
- Minimum of 2 years of working within the industry
- GCSE grade C – A* or equivalent in Mathematics and English
- Assessment / Interview
On completion of this qualification you may choose to undertake further study; qualifications you could progress to include:
- VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement click here to view
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
You can progress from the VTCT Level 3 Award in Education and Training directly into employment as a teacher in the further education sector.
Is this course Regulated?
This qualification has been mapped to the relevant National Occupational Standards (NOS) , and is regulated on the Regulated Qualifications and Framework.