VTCT (iTEC) Level 3 Diploma in Body and Facial Electrical Treatments
About the Qualification
This qualification will enable learners to gain employment as a full beauty therapist in a salon, clinic, spa or medi spa upon successful achievement. The VTCT (iTEC) Level 3 Diploma in Body and Facial Electrical Treatments is a fully accredited and recognised qualification. It is regulated by OFQUAL and it is a fully insurable qualification.
The main aim of the iTEC level 3 Diploma in Body and Facial Electrical Treatments is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide these treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the Spa and Beauty Therapy Industry.
The main units and practical skills are:-
- Facial Electrical Treatments – to include preparing the client, checking for contra-indications and setting up and using brush cleanse, micro-current, high frequency, faradic (EMS), galvanic, vacuum suction and heat treatments. Learners will also develop knowledge about related health and safety, infection control and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the beauty industry.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Consultation techniques – to include treatment plan and contraindications and contra-actions, identifying general body types, different types of body fat and common postural faults.
- Swedish Massage – to include consultation, identifying skin types, general body types, dfiferent types of fat and common postural faults and contraindications, select suitable massage mediums for the clients skin type, classical massage movements and adapting the treatment to the client’s specific needs.
- Figure Diagnosis and Body electrical treatments – to include carrying out relevant tests, selecting, using and adapting products and equipment to suit the client’s needs and body types and conditions such as the Electro Muscle Stimulator, Galvanism, Microcurrent, vVacuum Suction and Mechanical Massage (G5)
Learners may progress on to qualifications at level 4 such as:
- iTEC Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Skincare
- VTCT (iTEC) Level 4 Certificate in Skin Needling
- VTCT (iTEC) Level 4 Certificate in Skin Peeling
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Laser and IPL Treatments
Tuesday 4th October